FIRST to IMAGINE, FIRST to INVENT is about a company that consistently defines new boundaries. With over 25% percent of our workforce working in R&D, Sorin Group's Cardiac Rhythm Management Business Unit (Sorin CRM) has a proud tradition of breakthroughs. We develop new and better ways of improving the quality of life of patients through the daily effort and commitment we put into our work.
• 2008 World’s FIRST implant of PARADYM™ SonR™ 8770 for continuous hemodynamic adjustment of CRT5,6
• 2007 World’s smallest dual chamber pacemaker: REPLY™ with SafeR™4
• 2005 World’s smallest ICD: OVATIO™ 3
• 2003 World’s FIRST pacing mode to maintain 99.9% intrinsic conduction1: AAIsafeR2
• 2002 World’s FIRST sensor to optimize AV & VV delay
• 1995 World’s FIRST dual chamber defibrillator implant: DEFENDER®
• 1994 World’s FIRST implant of a bi-ventricular pacing system
• 1981 World’s FIRST microcomputer within a pacemaker
At Sorin CRM, we encourage imagination. FIRST TO IMAGINE, FIRST TO INVENT embodies creativity through applied engineering excellence. Translating our imagination into clinically meaningful technology, we concentrate on what we do best: Cardiac Rhythm Management systems imagined, designed, built to improve and save lives.
1. AAIsafeR in Symphony©DR 2550 pacemakers. “99.9% intrinsic AV conduction in 28/35 (80%) of patients of non-selected DDD patients” Anselme, F., et al. First clinical results of AAIsafeR2, a new mode to prevent ventricular pacing. Heart Rhythm 2005; 2, supp 5; p4-99 (abs).
2. CE mark granted in 2003, FDA approval in 2005.
3. Ovatio DR 6550, Ovatio VR 6250, CE mark granted in 2005, FDA approval in 2006, September 2008 data.
4. April 2009 data.
5. 2009 Planned launch. Not available for distribution.
6. “Continuous monitoring of an endocardial index of myocardial contractility during head-up tilt test”. Deharo et al – Am Heart J 2000; 139:1022-30; REF 2: “Automatic optimization of resting and exercise AV intervals using a PEA sensor” Leung at al – PACE 2000;23:1672-1766.